Monday, September 27, 2010

On "Notes from 'Cole'"

I recently found a diamond engagement ring and wedding band I purchased three years ago for a young lady I intended to marry.  Needless to say, we didn't end up married.  Finding that ring (an realizing that I'd allowed myself to lose such a beautifully set, expensive stone in the first place) brought up many emotions I thought I'd left behind.

I've written a series of posts on finding that ring, and what it has represented at different points in my life for the past three years.  In the past, I've had heartburn over publishing posts describing my feelings and experiences as a gay Mormon.  Now, I'm not one who believes in justifying one's feelings (actions, however, should bear accountability), but I don't like to cause others discomfort.  I've debated about publishing these posts (and others on faith vs. nature, personal history, and shifting belief systems) on this particular blog: some posts are are composed as an I'm-writing-to-examine-and-understand-this-thing-in-my-life, and could be controversial or too "diary" driven.  I haven't wanted to make certain readers uncomfortable or uneasy about what they'll find when (and if) they read flowers.

So, while I do write about things I've learned while trying to balance a life in the Church and as a gay man, I don't believe flowers isn't the place for that.  I will be exploring those sorts of issues at another blog, Notes from "Cole".  Head on over there if y'all are interested.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nic, i just wanted to tell you how much i love you no matter what. &so does jesus.
&that's about all that matters;)