Sunday, February 27, 2011

Singing Along is the Only Way You Really Can Watch

I drove with my mother and father to Phoenix, AZ a few months ago for my second niece's first birthday.  Her mom suggested I get a Disney DVD for her gift.  We stopped at a Target on the way down, and I saw something that just absolutely made my day:  Mary Poppins on DVD.

Now, you have to realize, Mary is one of my all-time favorite movies, ever.  Before I had to go to kindergarten, I'd watch it three or four times a day, singing with Julie Andrews at the top of my lungs, probably driving my mother crazy.  I still have all the songs memorized by heart.  I still have a crush on the exceptional Ms. Andrews.  I've finally admitted that all these years I've had a crush on Dick Van Dyke, too.

It is, quite simply put, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

No comments: