Monday, March 5, 2012

From a Status Update, Earlier Today

Dear Friendly Facebook Friends:

Due to some very recent misconstrued readings of last night's posts about my solitary midnight run to Beto's for food (not sex), I wish to offer a disclaimer:

I recognize and make no apology for stating my political leanings. Yes, I am all for marriage equality, because I feel it is the right thing to do, and have felt that way for quite some time. I believe you must be the change you wish to see in the world, and voices raised are powerful vehicles for change.

I recognize and make no apology for stating my spiritual beliefs, discussing my religious doubts, and offering truth as I see it.

I recognize and ask for no apology from anyone for the fact that we all have varied and diverse belief systems, faith traditions, political feelings, and styles of living. This diversity of thought and action is something I have always been taught to celebrate (different from is not inferior to). I thank God for the blessing of diversity within humanity, and count that diversity a credit to God's ultimate creativity.

I will continue to add my voice to the events, activities, policies, practices, and acceptance of acceptance I believe in. If my posts and writings challenge you in ways you find uncomfortable, please let me know, and I will add you to a "Do Not Share" list. If my posts and writings challenge you in ways which resonate, please, read away.

Rest assured, I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER share in anyway, shape, or form details of a deeply personal, intimate nature (read: IF, how, when, where, and with whom I share sexual relationships are not business I wish to share) in such a public forum as Facebook, Twitter, or any other type or system of so-called social media. At my core, I have never been the type of person to smear myself, or any other being, with public or private immorality, nor will I ever be.

I will always honor what I have consistently believed throughout my life: God is love. Love is the most powerful force for progression in the universe. Love thy neighbor. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Live your life and let others do the same. Learn how to be happy, and then share your happiness with others.

Thank you, and End of Rant.

No comments: